We do our best to make our Sales Tax Exempt program quick and simple. Using our Sales Tax Exempt Form, please submit the correct Tax Exempt Form or Resale Certificate for your State. Sites such as Taxjar, provide great insight into the type of form your State requires.
In order for our office to provide the best service, we ask that all customers requiring a Tax Exemption refrain from placing an order on our website until our Accounting Department approves the submitted form. This process typically takes 2-3 business days to complete once the form has been submitted. If an order is placed before the form has been submitted and approved you will need to submit the refund request to your state's local Tax office.
Sales Tax Exempt Guidelines
- A Tax Exempt/Resale Certificate must be provided and verified by PorchToPatio LLC. for a Business/Organization purchase to be tax-exempt.
- Sales Tax Registration, State Business Registration, FEIN registration letters from the IRS, and W-9s cannot be accepted.
- To make a tax-exempt purchase, complete and sign each certificate for all states to which you are shipping orders.
- We must receive your tax-exempt certificate prior to the order being placed.
- The Sales Tax Exempt certificate must be valid for the state your order is shipping to. Sales Tax is collected and dependent on the state to which your order is being delivered.
- When placing an order, the shipping name and address on the order must be consistent with the information provided on your Sales Tax Exempt certificate.
Sales Tax Policy
PorchToPatio LLC. is required to collect sales tax on items purchased from ThePorchSwingCompany.com that are shipped to the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.